cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hc
Message 1 of 5

Broadband consistently under-delivering and wish to cancel Infinity package

Hi,

I am on Infinity package and initially got 42mpbs download and decent upload speeds. I am using the BTHub6.

I have been having problems with slow download (upload unaffected) for a while. I am stuck at 4.7mpbs.BT sent an engineer a few weeks ago and the speed got back to 42mpbs on the same day he came to the house.I am having the same problem and speed now back to 4.7mpbs...

When agreeing to a new 18 month inifinity I very specifically requested that BT will waive any termination charges should I cancel the package within the 18 month period. I have that agreement in writing from the BT consumer loyalty person that 'sold' me the contract - It very clearly describes the agreement that we have, namely, that BT will wave any termination charge in the new 18 month contract.

I have had enough of the slow download speed and now wish to cancel by broadband contract. BT are telling me that I'd have to a pay £296 termination charge and refuse to even entertain the possibility that I have proof of the agreement.

What's one to do?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Broadband consistently under-delivering and wish to cancel Infinity package

can you post stats from router  advanced settings then technical log information

can you enter phone number and post results  remember delete number but leave exchange and cab  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

run btspeedtester and when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post results  must be done with wired connection and best with IE/Edge

check for line noise   dial 17070 option 2  should be quiet and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
hc
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for your response. Here goes. BT speed check loops indefinitely so can't post any results.

adsl checker.png

tech log.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 5

Quiet line test?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Your speeds are terrible and looks like you have a problem with your phone line hence you need to try quiet line test - you may not even have a dial tone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings