cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Martinmt
Message 1 of 10

Broadband disastee

Just need to vent here, gave been with talk talk for 6 years with absolutely no issues. Just switched to BT fibre 76mbps and having constant connection issues all week. I have an engineer booked but can't get to me until Monday and I work from home etc. and gave always taken my broadband somewhat for granted. This is diabolical, does anyone know if I can just cancel and switch back to talktalk as BT don't seem to be very interested in resolving my problems.
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Martinmt
Message 2 of 10

Re: Broadband disastee

Sorry about typos due to autocorrect as I can't get a connection on my damned laptop as I have no broadband!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 10

When you say connection issues can you be more specific.

Is it the broadband that is dropping, ie on both wireless and wired or is it just the wireless that is dropping out?

How frequently does it happen?

Does it happen on all devices or just certain devices?

The more information you can supply the more chance that somebody may be able to help or at least offer some advice.

0 Ratings
Martinmt
Message 4 of 10

Broadband is dropping out on wireless constantly. It's not wired as router in other room to tv/laptop. There is clear crackle on the phone line which BT support say sounds indicative of a fault, everything worked in same setup in terms of sockets/phone etc. on talktalk.
0 Ratings
Martinmt
Message 5 of 10

And all devices.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

Until the line noise is fixed your broadband service will be unstable the fault is most likely external to your property
0 Ratings
Martinmt
Message 7 of 10

OK thanks for the replies. Very frustrating though!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 10

A crackle on the line won't help but to establish if it is a broadband problem are you able to test it when connected by Ethernet. If it doesn't drop out it is obviously a wireless problem which will probably be the Smarthub.

If you look through the forum you will see that it is not exactly getting rave reviews.

If it is the Smarthub an engineer won't be able to help you.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 10

Faults happen unfortunately with every provider
0 Ratings
Martinmt
Message 10 of 10

I'll try it tomorrow with an ethernet connection, thanks.
0 Ratings