cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Broadband disconnecting when landline call comes in ongoing problem

I have had an engineer out all line test ok. I was having the internet dropping out alot and noisy landline. It was intermittent and he did all tests and could find nothing wrong.

When he left had a call from BT to say all should be working and the broadband cut out. Every time I have a call on the landline the broadband drops out until the call is finished. The landline is extremely noisy with interference.

I have open reach socket with plug for landline and plug for Internet could it still need a filter ?. Every online test says everything ok when obviously it is not.

Should I get an engineer out again ?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Broadband disconnecting when landline call comes in ongoing problem

@lisaskelton 

It would appear that the fault has not been fixed.

What does your master phone socket look like?

Keith_Beddoe_1-1577035100602.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

It is 7. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

can you unclip the front panel and then connect filter to test socket and then hub and phone to filter and then phone home and see if that still drops internet connection  id so need engineer as problem outside your home

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

I have not got a filter yet as it said I did not need one if I had two separate plugs on the box. The Engineer did all the tests except incoming call when he was there as we only realised it was incoming calls that made it cut off after he had left !!!!

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Do you have any other sockets in the house?

Normally a microfilter is supplied with the BT Home hub, as not everyone has a filtered socket.

If you can connect it up as shown below, then it would help to prove whether the fault is external.

Those sockets can suffer from poor connection between the from clip on part, and the backplate.

Any extension wiring must be connected to the terminal block shown on the left.

NTE 5C Test socket check

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

I will have a look to see if it is in a draw somewhere !!!!!! Will get one if not and give a go. If still a problem what should I report it to BT as (not very technical so if I can be exact with problem it would be great).

0 Ratings