cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 15

Re: Broadband disconnections and the usual terrible customer service

So, problems still continue a month on. Ok for a couple of hours then continuous disconnections.

They have provided me with a wireless only router but its' not suitable for work. I'm unable to work from home so  I am now forced into my office.

Arranged for an Engineer visit for today 19.05.21 between 13:00 and 18:30 but no show. 4th no show in a row. No phone call, no text, unsure if the problem has been resolved (they have stated that it's an issue with the exchange and the copper wiring). No feedback or customer care from BT / Openreach. 1/2 day wasted taken from my holiday entitlement. BT handler stated on 18.05.21 that "Openreach Engineer did not bother filling in his notes". No interest taken by BT.

Only option now is social media and ombudsman. Dog**bleep**e company.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 15

So even a month on you were unable to buy a cheap landline phone to check if the line is noisy? It was suggested in previous comments and would have probably sorted you issue if the disconnections are caused by a noisy line. You would just need to report it, not mentioning broadband issues and a phone engineer would sort it for you.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 15

@matekaneve  Sometimes some just come here to complain and have no interest in the advice given. The OP seems to be one of them which is fair enough as it allows him to let off steam.

May not get his problem solved though.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 15

It' not letting off steam just pointing out how abysmal BT / Openreach are.

I've been informed by BT that the issue is with the Exchange and the wiring. They make a point of stating that they need to check the connection in the house but never turn up. This has occurred now 4 times.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 15

@HairyChin wrote:

So, problems still continue a month on. Ok for a couple of hours then continuous disconnections.

They have provided me with a wireless only router but its' not suitable for work. I'm unable to work from home so  I am now forced into my office.

Arranged for an Engineer visit for today 19.05.21 between 13:00 and 18:30 but no show. 4th no show in a row. No phone call, no text, unsure if the problem has been resolved (they have stated that it's an issue with the exchange and the copper wiring). No feedback or customer care from BT / Openreach. 1/2 day wasted taken from my holiday entitlement. BT handler stated on 18.05.21 that "Openreach Engineer did not bother filling in his notes". No interest taken by BT.

Only option now is social media and ombudsman. Dog**bleep**e company.

Hi @HairyChin 

Thanks for your post and welcome back.

I'm really sorry that the engineer booked for yesterday didn't arrive and for the connection problems you're having with your broadband.  I appreciate the time you have spent trying to get this resolved.  Due to the time this has been ongoing and the multiple engineer visits that haven't resolved the issue, we'll pick this up from here.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings