Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mjconnolly
Contributor
Message 31 of 58

Re: Broadband disconnects every couple of days

Go to solution
Hi @JohnC2 we had a power cut so the phone was off. Best to call my mobile in case it goes again. I’ll send you a PM with the number.
0 Ratings
Message 32 of 58

Go to solution

Hi @Mjconnolly Thanks for the contact number and taking the time to speak with me earlier. The engineer is booked for tomorrow afternoon and I will check back with you on Wednesday to see how the visit went.

cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Mjconnolly
Contributor
Message 33 of 58

Go to solution

Hi @JohnC2 and all. The Openreach engineer visited this afternoon. As the broadband was up and running, of course all his tests showed nothing wrong. However he did say that he has 2 other customers who are served by newly active fibre cabinets, and have exactly the same problem. The broadband works fine for a couple of days, then goes off, they report a fault and the line test kicks it back into life. He said the only thing in common he can think of is that the new cabinets use vectoring. But anyway next time it goes off, I am to give him a call directly and he will check the cabinet to see if that can be eliminated. 

0 Ratings
Mjconnolly
Contributor
Message 34 of 58

Go to solution

To keep this up to date, there have been a couple of disconnects, but not at times when I could contact the Openreach engineer. I’m now only getting a sync speed of 40mb with a Speedtest result of 36mb. My speed guarantee is 44mb, so that needs addressing once the connection issue is finally resolved.

0 Ratings
Message 35 of 58

Go to solution

Hi @Mjconnolly How has the connection been performing since your last update? Do you know if the replacement of a span of wire the engineer mentioned has been completed?

If the connection has not been dropping I can look again at getting the speed issue fixed but if it is still dropping it would not be useful as it will go back down again.

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Mjconnolly
Contributor
Message 36 of 58

Go to solution

Hi @JohnC2 the broadband has still gone off a few times since the cable repair was done. Unfortunately it’s never happened at a a time when I can call the engineer! The speed has increased slightly, but it’s still some way below my speed guarantee (which is 44mb). 

0 Ratings
Message 37 of 58

Go to solution

Hi @Mjconnolly Thanks for the update. There are not many drops showing over the last week so I'll try to get the profile fixed. Now that the overhead cable has been replaced and that should get your speed back up.

cheers
John 

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
Mjconnolly
Contributor
Message 38 of 58

Go to solution

Ok thanks @JohnC2, appreciated. I’ll update if there are any more drops.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 39 of 58

Go to solution

Hi @Mjconnolly How is the speed on your line now that the order to fix your profile has been completed? Also has the connection been stable?

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
Mjconnolly
Contributor
Message 40 of 58

Go to solution

Hi @JohnC2 the speed is now back up to 50mb, thanks. The connection has dropped twice in the last few days though. Unfortunately the local engineer who is familiar with the problem is off work sick. But he says “we’re not the only ones with the issue”. 

0 Ratings