cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 41 of 58

Re: Broadband disconnects every couple of days

Go to solution

Hi @Mjconnolly How did the engineer visit go yesterday? 

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Mjconnolly
Contributor
Message 42 of 58

Go to solution
Hi @JohnC2 nobody came! I'm not sure it would have achieved much anyway, all the engineers say that they can't do anything when the broadband is working. That's why the local engineer suggested I call him when it goes off. Trouble is it's never during his working hours. Is there any way of getting a diagnostic check done on the cabinet without waiting for the BB to disconnect?
0 Ratings
Message 43 of 58

Go to solution

Hi @Mjconnolly Thanks for taking my call earlier and sorry the engineer did not turn up. As agreed I need to have an open fault with Openreach so I can pursue a fix to this fault thank you for agreeing to another appointment for next Thursday afternoon. 

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Mjconnolly
Contributor
Message 44 of 58

Go to solution

Hi @JohnC2 , the Openreach enginer has just been. As expected the test checked out perfectly. He has had to close the job, but he gave me some interesting information. Apparently the fault is believed to be caused by a software fault in the new cabinet. It has been reported to the DCOE, and 3rd line support are investigating. I don’t know if you have any way of tracking that but at least something is being done.

0 Ratings
Message 45 of 58

Go to solution

Hi @Mjconnolly ,

Thanks for the update. It'll be very useful for @JohnC2.

John will check up on it for you and update you as soon as he knows more.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Mjconnolly
Contributor
Message 46 of 58

Go to solution

@JohnC2 asked me to update the thread if the broadband went off again. It did so this morning. That’s the eighth time in the last week. Some of those times it reconnected itself after a couple of minutes,  but at least 3 times I’ve had to go through the troubleshooter web page to kick it into life. I’m going to raise a formal complaint about this now, I’ve had enough. The connection has never been stable since December and there seems to be nothing being done (despite what the openreach engineer said).

Highlighted
Mjconnolly
Contributor
Message 47 of 58

Go to solution
Hi @JohnC2 this morning's disconnection has not been fixed by running a line test. The troubleshooter found a fault outside the house and of course now it won't let me try running the test again. I may have to call 150. I'm concerned though that this is a different problem caused by the torrential rain overnight.
0 Ratings
Mjconnolly
Contributor
Message 48 of 58

Go to solution

Thr fault tracker thinks the appointment that @JohnC2 arranged will be for this morning’s fault. I don’t know if notes can be added to show that there now seem to be 2 faults, the ongoing intermittent issue and a new hard fault.

0 Ratings
Mjconnolly
Contributor
Message 49 of 58

Go to solution

Ok...Openreach have been today. The port was dead at the cabinet hence no connection since Tuesday. On the long running problem, apparently the cabinet is running an old level of software, but is due for an update next Monday (18th March). The theory is that this will fix the issue. Fingers crossed!

0 Ratings
Message 50 of 58

Go to solution

Hi @Mjconnolly thanks for the update and fingers crossed for today's update.  I'll check tomorrow to see if you have not noticed any improvement by then.

cheers
John

0 Ratings