cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Broadband disconnects when raining

Hi, I have been having problems with my broadband connection. Most of the time the connection seems to be stable but if there is any rain at all, be it a few drops or a heavy downpour, my broadband will always disconnect. It can then be intermittent until the rain stops. This is quite an issue for me as I do a lot of online gaming.

I have reported issues through the fault finder previously and had an engineer out but as it's been dry when they've been here then they've found no issue (and the openreach engineer who was supposed to be coming the day after cancelled on me). I am now unable to raise a new fault in fault finder as it says my previous fault from 28th April is still in progress. 

Where would be the best place to report this as I'm having no luck with getting onto live chat and can't find a phone number to ring? Or does anybody know of any easy fixes for what may be causing this? 

Thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Broadband disconnects when raining

you need to report a landline fault to 151

does your phone still work when broadband drops?  have you checked if line noisy when problem happens?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Broadband disconnects when raining

No the landline seems unaffected by the problem and I haven't noticed any additional noise on the line either. I will try ringing 151 to report it thanks.

0 Ratings