cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Broadband disconnects

Hi

I have BT fibre with complete WiFi which has been working really well until the last few weeks where my devices are disconnecting from the internet intermittently.

In all cases the connection either drops completely from the device or is not responsive.

Help!

Thanks

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Broadband disconnects

Anyone??

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Can you post hub stats

have you tried quiet line test. Dial 17070 option 2 should be silent and best with corded phone

have you tried using test socket with a filter to see if that stabilises your connection?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

No idea what hub stats are I'm afraid.

I have 1 socket which is has a built in filter so got nothing to change and we don't have a landline connected.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

The most basic check for broadband connection problem is first to check if you have a dial tone and if there is , is you line noisy hence the quiet line test.  Can you borrow a landline phone?

if you have SH then go hub manager then advanced settings then technical log information 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

What's SH, can you refrain from technical terms

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

SH - smart hub

just go to hub manager by entering 192.168.1.254 into your address bar in browser then after entering admin password then go to advanced settings then technical log information 

basically without checking the phone line to see if it has dial tone and is there is noise there is no point making changes

0 Ratings