cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Broadband down - Halo keeps dropping

Broadband has been down since last Tuesday. Halo 4G mini-hub sent to get back on line. Mini- hub keeps dropping after 2/5 mins for no known reason. Any suggestions? I suggested it could be faulty - BT have no process to replace a faulty Halo mini-hub - so the fault reporting folks tell me.

Navigating the fault reporting process is hard. I sort of knew on Tuesday when I reported it that it would never be fixed by Friday 29 Oct at 16:00 as they said.

Sure enough it wasn't. I have a strong sense of this being an exchange issue. Smart Hub 2 has flashing purple light since Tuesday,  

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Broadband down - Halo keeps dropping

Do you have a dial tone on landline?

Have you tried a factory reset of the hub?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Tried both didn't help. What I have done is moved it to a different position in the house. Taped it up there and it seems to be holding up.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

@JockN  Are you by any chnce in Coxtie Green area? If so the new fix date is 5th Nov. A pole was hit in an RTA and overhead fibres are in the process of being replaced.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Log into your smart hub 2 *if you can (make sure it's connected to your network and on) using the address on the back of the pull out plastic card, (something like  192.168.1.xxx) click on 'connection status' check what firmware you're running and when it installed

I've been having connection issues since mine updated the firmware to v27.7 on Tuesday the 26th Oct......actual version = (v0.27.07.07281-BT)

Hope that helps

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

*should be noted, I disconnected my smart hub 2 and connected my old Hub 4 for a day, no issues

After I wrote, I plugged my original smart hub 2 router back in and it's been up for 1 day 15 hours with no issues (same Firmware as stated)

Maybe just needed some time off to rest 😴 😁👍

0 Ratings