cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Broadband down for 10 weeks - how to escalate?

My BT Fibre 1 broadband service went out on November 24th and I immediately reported it as a fault. Since that time I've had 6 engineer visits, 2 of which have been from Openreach. The Openreach guys both told me the same thing: there is a fault in the cabinet in the street and they need to order a part to be able to fix it. I was told that on December 21st and again on January 14th. Since then, nothing. I keep calling the BT call centres - the agents are all sympathetic, but don't seem to be able to do anything to fix the problem. Last I was contacted on Twitter and told the social media team has taken over my case, but they have gone radio silent now too. 

I raised a complaint on bt.com on January 6th that was closed by BT on January 12th for no apparent reason. Next time I called BT, the agent created a new complaint for me on January 14th that is still open, status "we're working on it". I need to find a way to escalate this problem but nobody seems to be able to do that. Other than going to the Ombudsman, is there some other way to escalate my problem? I'm supposed to be working from home, but I have to do everything through my mobile phone. I'm at my wits end! Would appreciate some advice, TIA!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Broadband down for 10 weeks - how to escalate?

Burton Latimer?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

No, Midhurst, West Sussex.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Hi @npcheshire thanks for posting, I'm really sorry to see you've been without broadband for 10 weeks. The fault mustn't be a straightforward repair, has anyone mentioned what part they need to replace?

I'll send you a private message in a moment so you can get in touch and we'll check on the fault report, I can't guarantee that we'll get it fixed any sooner but we can make sure it is escalated with Openreach.

Thanks 
Neil

Message 5 of 5

Hi Neil, thanks for responding. No mention of the mysterious part that needs to be replaced, just that "there are no spare ports, so we can't do a lift and shift". Two Openreach engineers said the exact same thing.

-Nigel

0 Ratings