cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Broadband down, solid orange light, week for an engineer

Have had BT broadband installed for 2 months, upgraded to Fibre 6 weeks ago and have had zero problems, in fact the speeds and service have been great.

Suddenly today the broadband dropped out and my Smart Hub 2 is showing a solid orange light. Called the helpline who advised an engineer is needed BUT the earliest one can come to me is in a weeks time. Outrageous. 

Is there anything I can do to try and get this fixed quicker as I will lose my job due to this if it's not fixed for a week! Please help.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Broadband down, solid orange light, week for an engineer

Do you have a dial tone on your phone?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

I don't have a phone to connect to it unfortunately. I have checked whether there are any line issues or problems in the area etc and all showing ok.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Welcome to my world; have been waiting 3 weeks for a resolution to an issue with my "new" fibre connection giving exactly the same problem from day one.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

@Samuelcm99 wrote:

I don't have a phone to connect to it unfortunately. I have checked whether there are any line issues or problems in the area etc and all showing ok.

If you get hold of a cheap (Less than £10) wired phone, and you plug it in and get no dial tone or a very noisy line, then if you report that, as a landline fault it normally gets fixed quicker.

Message 6 of 6

Thanks for the tip. A week wait for an engineer does feel very 1990s considering we are talking about a service measured in micro seconds.

0 Ratings