cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 32

Broadband down

Is there a problem in Edinburgh? We don’t have WiFi.

0 Ratings
31 REPLIES 31
Message 2 of 32

Re: Broadband down

@rene 

You can check for network problems by entering your telephone number on the service status page.

"

Dialling codes affected: 0131

Estimated time to resolve: Ongoing

Impacting service since 12/08/2020 04:15
We're really sorry but we've got a problem at the moment in the Edinburgh area, which means that some of our customers will be having trouble getting online. We're trying to fix the problem as quickly as we can.
Please revisit this page for further updates."

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 32

Edinburgh broadband issues w/ BT contract number issues?

My broadband appears to be down after last night's storms. 

- hub shows solid orange, I've done a number of restarts over the past few hours to no avail. 

- service status checker is not showing any issues

- troubleshooter says that work may be going on, but no information on when it started or when it is expected to end

- trying to call to talk to a person given the troubleshooter and status checker disagree, but after so long (30 mins landline, 5 mins mobile) the call goes silent. Doesn't disconnect, just goes completely silent. Currently at 20 minutes of connected silence on my mobile on phone call attempt 3.

Any ideas?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 32

Re: Edinburgh broadband issues w/ BT contract number issues?

Theres issues with an exchange mentioned by the advisors on social media, it will be fixed eventually

Message 5 of 32

If you check the local news you will find major disruption in the Edinburgh area. Airport closed,M8 flooded,areas of the city flooded so I think it will be safe to say the storm may have some thing to do with your broadband being down.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 32

Well yes, I did say that the issues began after the storm. But there's a difference between assuming that and having clear communication, especially given the issues with the BT contact number as well. No need to speak to me patronisingly.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 32

Thanks, do we have any ETA when it back running ?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 32

Will the BB outage affect the BT Landline for FTTP customers?

My modem LOS light is off but don't have Internet or landline access. 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 32

@Araignee wrote:

Well yes, I did say that the issues began after the storm. But there's a difference between assuming that and having clear communication, especially given the issues with the BT contact number as well. No need to speak to me patronisingly.

I was not patronising you. I was pointing out the obvious. Did you look at the news. Did you check the BT status website. Did you read the message above your first post!

"BT's incident management team said a major outage at an exchange in Edinburgh, caused by the weather, was affecting about 100,000 customers' broadband on BT, EE and Plusnet in the city and surrounding area."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-53748192

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 32

Do these outages affect FTTP phone customers? 

0 Ratings