cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 32

Re: Edinburgh broadband issues w/ BT contract number issues?

Hi All, following severe storms and flooding in Edinburgh last night, engineers are working to restore broadband to affected customers ASAP. We expect service to be restored later today. Most phone and all mobile services are not impacted. We’re sorry for any inconvenience.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 32

@JohnC2
Hi John, I noticed you used the word MOST, which other messages haven't used, is this because of FTTP landline customers that are affected by this outage?

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 32

Your landline doesn't know if you are an FTTP customer or not. Some PCP's have been affected MOST haven't. The engineers will get everything back up ASAP.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 32

@pippincp

My landline always is out of order when there's a BB outage, is this normal is what I'm asking for customers who have FTTP?

As you know for FTTP the phone line cable is connected to the modem inside the property and connected via the red end socket which is the same cable used for BB, therefore when BB goes down so does the phone.

So if I take out the red wall socket it disables the phone. 

May I ask what PCP refers to please. 

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 32

@pippincp

The landline must know as it is all connected to the BT Modem for VOICE which differs for non FTTP customers. 

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 32

by BT modem do you mean your hub and that you have digital voice.  if so that explains why phone not working

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 32

No I mean white bt modem with TEL1 port and LOS lights etc.
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 32

The phone is back working but still have a non working superhub with the orange light, this would indicate that the lightning has caused an issue with the hub, therefore why they send out a new hub. 

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 32

If you mean the Openreach ONT then there is no landline, it is fibre voice. Landlines are supplied over copper connections.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 32

Well I have fibre voice then, but I can say that I have two connections on the wall to the modem in the cupboard, red one is the WAN connection that the other end connects to the WAN port in the hub, and the other one is the other end of the BT phone cable. 

0 Ratings