cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 32

Re: Edinburgh broadband issues w/ BT contract number issues?

On my online account it states Landline.
0 Ratings
Message 22 of 32

Re: Edinburgh broadband issues w/ BT contract number issues?

@pippincp

I have fibre 250 with BT halo 1

Landline 

TV. 

I have a normal telephone connected to the openreach modem. 

And it states Landline on the online account, so I'd say its a landline. 

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 32

Re: Broadband down

What's the latest on the Edinburgh situation?  Some BT customers regained broadband services on 12/8/2020, estimate was 10am 13/08/2020 for my number but not access and more importantly no updated information available. I am in North Edinburgh /Leith area of the city.

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 32

I may be wrong but each exchange that was badly affected will be looked into and once made safe for the engineers to go into will then start to fix the problem, it's possible that either there's been a delay on this or your router has maybe taken a pounding, might be an idea though to give customer service a call. 

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 32

Thanks - that is exactly my point, I don't know if my issue is hardware related or not until I know the local issues are resolved, so trying to get a status update on the area. The online tools say "possible fault" in the area.
0 Ratings
Message 26 of 32

I thought it was hardware related but turned out not to be, hardware related as in router, if you've tried switching the hub off completely from the wall etc then I'd recommend calling them.

Are you a FTTP customer may I ask?
0 Ratings
Message 27 of 32

Call this number and after confirming your telephone number it will give you updated information.
0800 800 151
0 Ratings
Message 28 of 32

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 32

Not sure what what FTTP is. I am Fibre / Halo . Yes, was going to call that line next - not expecting that BT would have everything resolved bang on 10am but would be good to get an update posted to save the questions. I think most of us can be reasonable about the situation if it is clearly explained. Thanks for your guidance.
0 Ratings
Message 30 of 32

@Myrealname

Try that link on message #28 by entering your telephone number.

FTTP is fibre to the premises which is fibre to a modem in your house. 

0 Ratings