cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Birobod
Message 1 of 16

Broadband down.

Go to solution
My fibre connection is down and has been since Friday 24th August. I have made all necessary checks on my end then contacted BT who said they will send an engineer. On Sunday i had a call from BT telling me the fault is outside of the property so the engineer doesn't need access. Work was carried out today 28th August to fix the issue but still, no broadband. I was told to restart the hub 5 and see then and if not, to wait a further 24 hours and try a restart again, 6 days with no service. Lights are working on the hub 5 but, not the openreach modem, it seems to have no power going to it, I've checked the socket. I am frustrated and angry right now, I am seriously considering moving to another provider as I believe I will get set up and ready to go quicker than it's taking BT to resolve an issue. Is there anyone out there that can lend a hand in resolving this issue?
0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 16

Re: Broadband down.

Go to solution

does your phone work?

are you on FTTP or FTTC?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Birobod
Message 3 of 16

Go to solution
Phone is working fine.
0 Ratings
Birobod
Message 4 of 16

Go to solution
Fttc
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution

if FTTC have you tried just connecting the hh5 to the test socket with a filter and miss out the openreach modem and see if that works

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Birobod
Message 6 of 16

Go to solution
I don't have any filters so, no. Would it work without them?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 16

Go to solution

@Birobod wrote:
I don't have any filters so, no. Would it work without them?

Unplug the phone lead from where the Openreach modem is plugged in, then connect the DSL lead from the HH5 into that same point, which would either be into a microfilter, or a filtered socket.

If you cannot find where you put the HH5 DSL lead, then the one going into the modem may work.

Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 16

Go to solution

As the HH5 doesn't need the Openreach modem have you tried connecting without it?

0 Ratings
Birobod
Message 9 of 16

Go to solution
I'm not sure if I understand. I have a box on the wall with 2 sockets, the lower socket is the phone, the one above has a lead that goes to the DSL socket in the modem. Is it that DSL that I plug into the hh5 DSL socket instead of the modem socket?
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 16

Go to solution

@Birobod wrote:
I'm not sure if I understand. I have a box on the wall with 2 sockets, the lower socket is the phone, the one above has a lead that goes to the DSL socket in the modem. Is it that DSL that I plug into the hh5 DSL socket instead of the modem socket?

That's right @Birobod

Plug the DSL lead into the Hub 5 instead of the Openreach modem.  Post back and let us know how you get on with this.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”