cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Broadband down

We moved house a week ago. We were with BT at the old house and have been with BT for more years than I can remember. As the broadband was not going to be available until four days after we moved in to the new house, BT provided us with a “mini hub”, which worked fine. On Monday, as promised, our broadband was up and running, even though with our Fibre 1 package, we were only getting around 7 mps.

I then returned the the mini hub as requested. Three days after being activated, the broadband went down for my area and on the BT app, it stated it would not be repaired until the 3rd September. So I had three days of broadband and am now faced having no broadband for seven days. I contacted BT and reported the fault and asked, as I have had only three days on broadband, could they send me a mini hub until normal service was resumed. I got a blunt no and was told that only "Halo" customers could have a mini hub.

I asked to speak to a manager and was told someone would ring me back. Still waiting.

What is doubly frustrating is that I can tether my iphone to my laptop. Unfortunately, only getting one bar of a 3g signal. Very disappointed with BT.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Broadband down

Hi @Fergusonsfolly,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry if you have a fault with your service at your new address. I can understand you frustration and I'm sorry if you haven't received the manager call back you requested.

I would like to take a look at what is happening with you case.  

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Broadband down

@Fergusonsfolly  Are you on the Highcliffe or Lower Peover exchange? If so the cab has been damaged due to an RTA.

Lower Peover is expected to be repaired by 03/09, Highcliffe on 06/09.

0 Ratings