cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Broadband drop out and noisy landline telephone

My broadband randomly drops out and is fixed by switching hub off/on. Also my landline telephone randomly has a lot of interference but not at the same time as the broadband fault. My main telephone socket is Openreach Mk 2, my hub is BThub 5. Fault finding suggestions have pointed towards broadband filters which I don't appear to have or they are installed within the socket? My installation was performed by a BT engineer.

Any suggestions please.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Broadband drop out and noisy landline telephone

If you are not using separate filters then you master must have separate inputs for phone and broadband

you need to try quiet line test form test socket  by using a corded phone and then dial 17070 option 2 should be silent. Any noise is a problem for broadband and you need to report phone fault to 151 - not broadband fault

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

To imjolly: thank you for the info

I'm sorry but my technical knowledge is limited. With respect to inputs..I have a single box marked Openreach Mk2 (as far as I'm aware there is only one line as an input from the telephone exchange..the output from the Openreach box consists of a line plugged into the front which goes away to the telephone stands, the other output comes directly from the bottom of the Openreach box and away to the BThub5.

With respect to my telephone, there are three remote phones each with a separate stand..I have phoned 17070 and no noise (I do not have a phone with a lead to plug directly into the Openreach box).

My system has been like this for a number of years with no problems...do you think I need broadband filters now...

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Which master socket do your have

Keith_Beddoe_0-1577035081757.jpegMaster socket types.jpeg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Hi imjolly

I have number 6, but the broadband connection comes straight out of the bottom..not plugged into the front!!

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Hi @Sinbad1, with that type of socket the broadband cable needs to be plugged into the top socket without a filter. It's the black lead with grey ends.  

0 Ratings