Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
K38
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Broadband drop out for over a year!

Go to solution

I am heartily sick of having to restart my BT Hub 3.  We have had this problem for a year but have had the equipment for over 10 years so something has changed.  I have done all the diagnostics and find no fault and there is little point in actually phoning BT because they only take you through the obvious.  So many people have this problem that I am surprised BT don't invest in better equipmentfor their customers.  I read that I should invest in a new hub, happy to do that but somewhere else I read that with Broadband Infinity you can only use BT hubs.  

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Broadband drop out for over a year!

Go to solution

if you have a fibre connection then you must also be using a modem in conjunction with your HH3 and unfortunately all the meaningful data is help by the modem not the hub - unless the modem is unlocked

try quiet line test  dial 17070 option 2 should be silent and best with corded phone

you do not need to use a hub with BT and you are free to purchase a compatible modem/router and do away with your modem or keep modem and just buy a router

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
K38
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution
Ah ha, the router. It’s an Openreach one. Is there a test for that?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

it will be an openreach modem not router    you can try this  

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Fibre-broadband/Poor-upload-speed-literally-halved-from-when-original...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
K38
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution
Thanks for the advice. Done silent test, all gone, rebooted modem, not really able to do more technical remedies so will have to accept the stats quo.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

@K38 When the connection drops does the broadband light on your hub 3 change colour?

0 Ratings
K38
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution
No. The lights on the hub all stay on so you can’t tell from the hub that the Wi-fi is down but all devices can’t connect. I have to reset the hub every time.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

@K38 it sounds like your Hubs wireless signal is the issue, the lights staying on indicate the network is fine but there could be wireless interference causing the connection problems. Have you tried manually changing the wireless channel as this may help?

0 Ratings
K38
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution
Thanks very much. Will give it a go.
0 Ratings