cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Broadband dropouts

Go to solution

Can anyone help please.

I've had dropouts, usually 5 or 6 a day for years, since I had fibre to cabinet broadband

They are short, the hub reboots straightaway, I put up with it initially but now in the days of streaming tv it is annoying.

I rang BT in June, helpful lady said she couldn't see anything wrong with line but could see too many dropouts.

Speed has always been about 20 (guarantee 14) She arranged 'qube' engineer who replaced router with another the same speed immediately 30 but dropoffs the same. After a week speed down to 13. Rang again. BT arranged openreach engineer who never came or contacted me on the day of appointment but faults website said my problem resolved.

I rang again, another qube engineer came. He said it must be a fault on the line and arranged another line check, said to take 3 days.

Received a BT email, happy to say my problem resolved, line speed is  0Mbps (yes, not my typo)

Dropouts unchanged I have never complained about the speed, only the dropouts

thanks

Northender
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Broadband dropouts

Go to solution

Hi @Northender and welcome to our community.

Thanks for posting about your connection, sorry you're having problems. I'm sure we'll be able to help.

Can you try the quiet line test by connecting a phone to the test socket and dial 17070. You shouldn't hear any noise between the announcements. If you do there is a problem with the line which we'll need to investigate for you. Can you try that and get back to me?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

thanks

no noise at all

Northender
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks for checking that @Northender . Do the lights on the hub change when the drops happen?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Yes, the usual sequence of lights.

Northender
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks again @Northender .

OK we'll need to run a few diagnostics to get a better idea on what's going on. I'll drop you a private message now so you can get in touch.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings