cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rob1991
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 18

Re: Broadband dropping out - PPP LCP Send Termination Request [User request]

I read somewhere drop outs may happen for DLM/ip profiles to change around 3am-6am. I had a drop out this morning around 4:30am showing in router logs.

Checking my BTwholesale speed test my IP profile has increased from 51.79 up to 60.47. So I guess atleast DLM is sort of working? Now I just need 70+ back, ideally 77 which I had a few years ago. Shame it may take another 10+ days making the whole thing drag on for around a month or more...

0 Ratings
Rob1991
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 18

Now at around 23-24 days stable, I am still on an ip profile of 60.47 when I have had atleast 72-77 in the past. I know contacting BT is going to be useless as without the HH4 plugged in I cant see much being done, and switching off and rebooting modem is just going to make things worse reducing ip profile yet again..

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 13 of 18

An isolated reboot will not cause DLM to intervene. Have you performed a quiet line test with a corded phone? 17070 option 2. The line should be silent. Any noise of any kind then report aline fault on 151, don't mention broadband.

Why are you still using the Openreach modem when you have a router which is perfectly capable of a VDSL connection? You would then also be able to get the connection stats.

0 Ratings
Rob1991
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 18

quiet line test is silent no crackling noises. I started using the ECI modem as I saw some people with same router having CRC errors causing interleaved. For now I was just guna use the ORModem with the asus router using ethernet wan. I have the option to try it again at a later date if I want.

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 15 of 18

That's OK, I just wondered. Doesn't the router have SRA available which helps CRC reduce errors?

0 Ratings
Rob1991
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 18

I believe so. That should be enabled with a lot of CRC errors?

Atleast for now with my asus router and eci modem its at 23 days uptime. I believe my original drop outs were caused by my HH4. I have not had a single drop out in that time other than when DLM dropped connection and set my ip profile slightly higher after 10 days stable.

It would be nice to use the built in modem for stats but I think for now it can cause too many problems as iv seen some people mentioning.

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 17 of 18

SRA should be enabled. Provided your line is stable you'll have no problem with the inbuilt ASUS modem. You do need to set up the connection manually though.

0 Ratings
Rob1991
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 18

Its been about 5 months now of stable connection with my modem + asus router. However my line has still never had its ip profile reset back to its usual ~77Mbps. Am I just wasting my time trying to ask for a remote DLM reset? Had close to infinity 1 speeds when paying for infinity 2 for all this time.

There was a few hours outage in the area this morning too but surprisingly enough a fault was already up on BT Status and being worked on, luckily for now ip profile didnt drop any more.

Mainly wondering after finding this post - https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2018/02/ability-reset-openreach-fttc-broadband-dlm-profiles-ar...

0 Ratings