Go to solution

It hasn't.  Will wait further.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 26

Re: Broadband dropping out intermittently

Go to solution

from other posts the firmware update to 222.1.1 appears to have stalled so it could be a while before update

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
JaneL
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 26

Go to solution

An earlier post suggested buying a 3rd party router - would that fix it or do I just wait indefinitely (not patiently) ?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 26

Go to solution

a neew 3rd party router may help your connection remain stable but if the hub is not the problem but line noise or rein for example then changing router is unlikely to help

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
JaneL
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 26

Go to solution

(delayed response as my hub has dropped out!!)

OK I'll wait but for clarity, and you'll know where I am going, is the Firmware problem affecting all BT Home Hubs or just the 5 Type A?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 26

Go to solution

the firmware you currently have included the fix which caused a problem a year ago. I have the new firmware but can't say it is working better as I didn't have a problem with previous firmware apart from resetting every 14 days

0 Ratings
JaneL
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 26

Go to solution

This is a long-standing problem (identified at least Feb 2015) and  I have been experiencing it for at least that time, during which I have dealt with the support/service department 4 times to no avail.  Indeed, if they were up to speed I wouldn't have had to repeatedly waste both my and their time (and now yours).

I don't know whether the firmware software is the responsbility of BT or a third party but BT must be aware that some hubs are not functioning correctly, ie are not fit for purpose.  Whoever is responsbile, BT should offer to replace those faulty hubs and obtain recompense from the third party if appropriate.  Customer satisfaction would leap.

I'm sorry to rant at you and should probably now take it up with BT direct. As a sage, would you have a suitable contact start point? If not, I will go the long way round.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 26

Go to solution

everyone on this forum apart from forum mods are customers just like you and I  forum mods are only BT employees on the forum

the 204 firmware was to address the problems back in feb 2015 the 222 firmware is quite recent.  as I said I have not noticed any difference between 204 and 222

it is not necessarily the hub that causes the drops as internal wiring problems or line noise will also cause intermittent drops in conenction

0 Ratings
JaneL
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 26

Go to solution

Internal wiring: First engineer replaced/upgraded all internal wiring and second engineer checked, so should not be that.

Noise:  I unplugged all equipment and reintroduced one by one.  Drop-out continued then resolved the following day for a short while.   This may relate to the 14 day attempted firmware reset.

I seem to have suffered slightly more than you - banking on line is a particular problem if I drop out half way through a transaction. If I wait for the 222 update, timescale unknown, I will continue with an inferior product.  I live in a city and am paying for a quality, strong, fast broadband, all of which I  receive if connected. It's like having a Porsche with faulty spark plugs.

I think I've exhausted (or is that 'I'm exhausted') all non-hub related possible faults and it is time to move on. So I'll just say thanks for all your help to date.

0 Ratings