cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dickiedot
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Broadband dropping out

How peculiar is this, does any body know what's going on? At 6:16 every morning my router resets itself and drops mbs speed from approx 20 to 10.5, I then reset the hub using the reset facility in the Hub manager and it goes back to 20mbs until the next morning. This doesn't happen at weekends (Sat and Sun) I've had 4 engineer visits and my home has been declared not responsible, BT appeared to have solved the problem  and said so thanking me for bringing the matter to their attention and offering a £20 refund (which incindentally I didn't get though they have now upped the offer to £41 and I'll see on the next bill) so the problem was solved on 31st July until the 8th August when it started again the only difference being the time went from 6:15 am to 6:16 am. I could probably live with the problem but on every reset from the Hub Manager my CCTV display throws up a main menu display obscuring  the camera pictures and I have to go up to the loft (Bungalow) to reset the DVR. At 73 years of age I'm managing but for how much longer. I've tried living with the slower speed but Netflix and Amazon Premier video object and buffer with more regularity.  BT have sent me a new router and are now trying to send me another one, I seem to be dealing with different people all the time and it's fairly obvious that the notes from the previous problems aren't being referenced.

Looking forward to any comments

Richard. ps never thought I'd play the old age card lol 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Broadband dropping out

Do you have anything on a timer that could be causing the problem?

0 Ratings
Dickiedot
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

2 TV's and a True Call call blocker, engineer told me the TV's wouldn't cause the problem and I've run for 3 days with the call blocker disconnected to no avail.
0 Ratings
iniltous
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 5

Do you have anything like hot water/central heating set to switch on at this time , it could be ‘SHINE’ problem ( google REIN and SHINE if you want ) but things like a badly suppressed or faulty central heating pump starting up can cause a ‘noise’ event that causes your broadband to drop out and re sync, unfortunately it doesn’t have to be anything you own, it could be a relatively near neighbour who has the faulty electrical device but it’s your broadband that suffers.
You have done well getting compo if this is the issue as ( obviously ) it’s not something under the control of your ISP

0 Ratings
Dickiedot
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

No, I have no heating systems connected, nothing on a timer and nearest neighbour 50 yards away. I had an operator come on and tell me it was their problem and they did fix it between 31st July and 8th August
0 Ratings