cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Broadband drops out multiple times a day + speed inconsistent

Hello,

I've been having problems with my broadband since the end of July.

It started dropping out randomly, sometimes for a few mins, others I have to restart the Hub. Never happened before and I signed up over a year ago for full fibre (70Mb).

At the end of July I also upgraded to ultra fast fibre with BT Halo 1, 500Mb as I needed faster up/down speed (this is unrelated with the issues I describe here as they had already started before the upgrade to Halo 1 and the Hub replacement). The only difference is that now, when it works, it is indeed much faster than before.

However, the speed has also started being inconsistent, anywhere from 96Kbps (!) to 350MB. This morning was 20-70MB which is a fraction of the guaranteed 250MB. Funny thing is that Ookla or Fast.com give me the results above when  it's slower but the BT speed checker always says it's all ok and within the guaranteed speed. It isn't.

When I go through the troubleshooting journey inside MyBT, I either end up being offered a mini hub (no point) or it acknowledges there is an issue and says a fix is coming on X date, two weeks later...

There are two of us working from home, transferring large files, remote meetings, remote access to computer... the lot.

You can imagine the frustration, especially when you're paying a premium for it.

Thank you

bt-checker.png

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Broadband drops out multiple times a day + speed inconsistent

Give the FTTP team a ring tomorrow. The mods here cannot assist with FTTP issues.

0800 587 4787

Message 3 of 4

Thank you, will do.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

When it drops if easily accessable check the lights on the ONT.

0 Ratings