Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
sophie1989
Contributor
Message 1 of 49

Broadband drops out when raining

Go to solution
I am reaching the end of my patience. We moved to BT after having a nightmare with talktalk broadband and have had nothing but problems since. Our broadband completely drops out whenever it rains, I have called customer care as well as using the online chat function multiple times but it still has not been sorted.
We have had over five engineer visits, each time the engineer confirms the problem is not within the property and that there must be something wrong with the underground ducting/cabling etc, in that when it rains water gets into the cabling and causes the outages. Despite the engineers and us telling BT this, they still have not fixed the problem. We had ANOTHER engineer visit today who basically said he didn’t know why he’d been sent as there was nothing he could do as clearly the problem is underground, he told me he would write this in his report and file the job as incomplete.
I have just received a call from BT customer care stating the engineer should have completed and was I happy to close the fault. I obviously said no because nothing had been done and all I was told was that she would check the engineer notes and then hung up. I have just checked my online fault tracker and it states ‘you have told us the fault has been fixed and the fault is now being autoclosed’.
Please can someone tell me how I can get this problem fixed?!
0 Ratings
48 REPLIES 48
Message 2 of 49

Re: Broadband drops out when raining

Go to solution

Hi @sophie1989 and welcome.

I'm really sorry you're having so many problems getting this sorted. I'll be happy to step in and lend a hand with this. Can you please drop me over an email with your details? You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 49

Go to solution

@sophie1989 I was calling there but missed you, we'll need to organise a broadband boost engineer visit to progress the fault. I'll try to call again this afternoon.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
sophie1989
Contributor
Message 4 of 49

Go to solution

@NeilO I am at work therefore will not be able to answer any calls to the landline. You can call me on my mobile, which obviously I don't want to put on a public forum, are you able to send me a private message and I will be able to give you my number

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 49

Go to solution

@sophie1989 I called there but missed you, I wanted to follow up to see how the engineer visit went yesterday and ask if you've noticed any improvement? 

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 49

Go to solution

@sophie1989 I called there but missed you, all my checks show that the connection is now stable. Can you post back to let me know if you're happy the fault has been fixed?

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
sophie1989
Contributor
Message 7 of 49

Go to solution
Hi Neil,

Sorry I’ve missed your calls recently, this week has been a bit crazy. The broadband seems to be working fine, however I haven’t been home much and haven’t been here when it’s raining so can’t say 100% that it’s fixed. I know in one of the voicemails I’ve been left to have monitored the line and it seems stable so hopefully it is all sorted now!

Thanks for all your help 🙂
Sophie
0 Ratings
sophie1989
Contributor
Message 8 of 49

Go to solution
Seems like I spoke too soon!!
It is currently raining here and the broadband is dropping out intermittentently again 😞 😞
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 49

Go to solution

Hi @sophie1989,

Thanks for posting. Sorry this hasn't been sorted. @NeilO is out of the office until tomorrow but I'll let him know you've posted and he'll pick up on his return.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
sophie1989
Contributor
Message 10 of 49

Go to solution
Hi David,

It has been raining all night and when I left this morning the broadband was not working and the light on the router was orange.

Thanks,
Sophie
0 Ratings