cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Message 1 of 12

Broadband drops same as before.

Recently yet again ive had broadband drops had some of these last year an had someone come out an found no faults so bt replaced my router i have a smart hub 2 then it was fine for around 6 months but now its back again to dropping. Surely it cant be the router again or are the the hubs really that poor they cant last longer then half a year ?

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: Broadband drops same as before.

can you post hub stats  advanced settings then technical log information

check for line noise   dial 17070 option 2 should be silent and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 3 of 12

No issues with the silent line test it was silent no back ground noise or static.

JackGJones_0-1584457398907.png

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 4 of 12

Posted 🙂

0 Ratings
Sage
Message 5 of 12

Are these drops over a wired or wireless connection?

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 6 of 12

Wireless for where the master socket is its very difficult to run wired to anywhere in the house without running huge Ethernet cables. But will drop in between 1-5 times a day looking at the logs once dropped it often shows the following.

:PPPoE error: timeout

dsl:VDSL Link Down

VLAN VLAN_Datea - Disconnected.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 7 of 12

Been talking to bt care on twitter but going round an round no solutions an it’s just getting worse makes working from home impossible 

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 8 of 12

Really need urgent help here.

Been messaging people all week round an round about wifi an broadband drops which ok with current world situation not huge deal. However now my family has to work from home its impossible it drops constantly ive done all asked of me quiet line test nothing it was fine. Master socket still drops etc etc. I need a new router or a Engineer visit can someone please help

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 9 of 12

Re: Internet dropping in and out for two days

Sorry im fully aware not my post but any chance you can help me out here too same issue been on to bt they said ill need new router or engineer but then they just gone silent on me for 3 days.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 12

Re: Really need urgent help here.

so the problem is your wifi keeps dropping but you have not tried Ethernet to see if that helps.  The previous stats you posted the connection time was very but connection speed was very near your attainable speed so are you actually dropping internet connection or is the problem totally wifi?

from the stats you are on smart wireless so have you tried selecting channel manually?  Have you split the 2.4/5ghz networks to see it that helps?

have you tried a factory reset using the recessed button on back and holding for 20/30secs until lights flash?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.