I've been using this modem as a means to position my router remotely from my main socket. Worked fine with my previous provider Plusnet. However now I'm with BT, I'm getting awful download speeds, about 1/2Mbs. This is with exactly the same hardware as for Plusnet but with the standard BT account name applied to the PPPoE section of my Asus router.
I never got blistering speeds before, say 15Mbs, but it was good enough for my needs.
Thanks in advance.
Ps. I did connect the BT supplied hub to establish the initial connection etc.
Solved! Go to Solution.
the modem will not work with BT hub. you need to disconnect the rj11 cable from your modem and connect it to the dsl socket on your hub if you do that can you post stats from advanced settings the technical log information
can you enter your phone number and post results https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL
remember delete number
Thanks for the reply. Strangley enough, the problem seems to have been fixed since I decided to force the router to perform a reboot from its admin page. I didn't bother when I originally changed to the bt account name cos' it thought for a while and then appeared to establish a "working" link regardless. I subsequently manually powered it off and on a fair few times whilst trying to sort out the problem - but apparently that's not the same.
Anyway, I'll know next time.