cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JRH100
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Broadband failure and LUM reset?

I have had BT infinity with an ECI modem and hub 3 since late 2012 with minimal problems.  On Wednesday 30th my broadband connection failed with the DSL light on the modem continually flashing.,  phone still worked perfectly

Contacted BT who sent a subonctractor who replaced ECI and hub3 but was unable to get system working and was not allowed to work on the cabinets or do anything other than replace the modem/router.

Further appointment with a pleasant Openreach engineer today 4/11/2019 who stated that there was a LUM? reset required with the cabinet and other subscribers were probably affected.  He explained this had to happen as an overnight procedure so as not the jeopardize or interrupt existing connections, he hoped that this would be completed by Wednesday 6th ( an individual port reset didn't work).

I am concerned whether this will resolve the issue and if it doesn't what I can request bt do next, as it stands it will have been off for a week which is annoying but tolerable, however, I am getting grief from family members who need to get online for study and recreation.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Broadband failure and LUM reset?

I think you need to wait until the 6th and see if the engineers suggested solution works before trying anything else

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
JRH100
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Thank you for your reply, I had intended to wait as you suggested.

What annoyed me greatly was that the engineer stated that there were spare ports in the cabinet, however, Openreach had instructed that engineers were not allowed to do a lift and shift to one of these, he stated that in the past this would have been the chosen protocol. As such if I was a new connection I would have been up and running at the end of his visit, whereas as a loyal customer I was left without a connection and a far from certain repair date.

0 Ratings
JRH100
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Well engineering work took place on the street cabinet, regrettably this didn't sort the problem.

BT have closed the case on my account as though the fault was rectified but it isn't, I managed to text the original engineer who came to me and he said that Openreach hadn't managed to resolve the issue with the cabinet for me.

I am really at my whits end with this and envisage this dragging on and on, I am concerned that by closing the case on the BT system I will not be reimbursed for the time out of service.

I am on a rolling contract and really feel my best plan may be to terminate the account and try an alternative like mifi or similar

Any ideas?

0 Ratings