cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wheyitsdan
Message 1 of 13

Broadband failure

Go to solution

my broadband randomly stopped working on the 9th of december, so i phoned up the following day and was told a fault had been detected between the exchange box and my home and said an engineer would fix this by 13th december tuesday came and still not fixed so i contacted again and they said there are delays waiting for approval from council for digging work and would be fixed by 15th december, thursday is here, the light on my hub changed from flashing red to solid orange but still no broadband so i contacted again and was told there may be a possible fault on the line and would have to book yet another engineer to look at this but the 1st person i spoke to on the live chat said the earliest was 20th and nothing else i could do, rang them up and the employee on the phone said he would forward this to the engineer team and should be fixed within 72 hours, never had such bad service and i have a feeling i am still going to be waiting longer than quoted until i have broadband! What is more annoying for me is that i rely on my broadband to watch TV as i do not use and form of satellite or digital TV

FOLLOW UP:

I was correct in thinking it would not be fixed as quoted, after phone calls back and forth i got an engineer booked for 28th december (more infuriating having to wait yet again) was told he would show up between 8am - 1pm, now this was probably a bit lapse on my part i was still asleep as i don't sleep my normal hours due to my 3 month old daughter when he showed up bang on 8am in the morning, didn't attempt any outside work (I know there is no wiring fault in my home) tried ringing me and then moved on to the next job, so i thought ok my fault have to wait another couple of days for another engineer but no, the next day called to arrange another engineer ASAP but she refused to book me one as there had been yet another MSO (major service outage) detected a couple of days ago and my engineer appointment would automatically be cancelled.. ok so why not my first engineer he showed up? was also told the fault would be cleared by 30th december, 30th is here called again to yet another useless indian helper who actually said he could not see any recent MSO all he could do is book an engineer at the earliest convinience to them, now after some more random checks he said there is a team who maybe able to fix this for you without the need for an engineer they will call you tomorrow between 9am-11am if not they can arrange an engineer ASAP... head butted this brick wall so many times now that theres a hole there!
my broadband is still not fixed from 9th December i am now waiting for yet another call back tomorrow probably leading to nowhere but delaying another day having to wait for an engineer appointment let alone waiting for the engineer, i am so angry we do not even have a landline phone, pay purely for the unlimited fibre and have not had it for over 3 weeks now and still paying my bill as normal with 0 compensation, me and my fiancee have racked up about 60-70gpb worth of data add-ons on mobile data hence why we have unlimited fibre, i have never ever felt the need to rant about any service i've been provided before but this service is diabolical and no one whatsoever has dealt with this in any kind of urgency even now i don't know what else to do.

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: Broadband failure

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

If its a line fault, you need to plug in a phone to see if you get dial tone. If there is no dial tone, then that would be the problem.

The landline is needed to carry the broadband signal.

If you reported a broadband fault, then that is why its taking so long. If you have no dial tone and reported a phone fault, its likely to have been fixed by now.

0 Ratings
Wheyitsdan
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

Thank you for your fast reply, i gathered they priotise physical line faults more than technical broadband faults but i do not have a landline phone i can test my socket with maybe i will do get one and do this tomorrow but i have the feeling that everyone i talk to has no idea what the problem with my broadband is, the broadlight light is flashing red which as far as im aware means there is no connection to the exchange at all, every time i phone it seems to be different some say yes i can see theres fault, or there may be a possible fault, your line seems ok from here and they don't seem to do anytuing about it other than forward the problem to someone else

0 Ratings
Wheyitsdan
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

*prioritize

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @Wheyitsdan I am sorry that you are still waiting to get the fault with your service fixed.

We will be happy to help you with the fault if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
Wheyitsdan
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution
I can confirm my phone line works fine dial tone, making and receiving calls, it seems something with the major fault on the 9th has caused something else to go wrong with my broadband and has not been rectified with the phone line being repaired since.
0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

Which exchange and cabinet are you on?

0 Ratings
Wheyitsdan
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

on Exchange CASTLEHAM served by Cabinet 4

0 Ratings
Wheyitsdan
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

rsz_1220161230_190602.png

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

There's nothing in the Openreach repair stack for that cab, it could be a Wholesale issue so wouldn't appear there.

Leave it to the mods to get back to you. They'll get you sorted out.

0 Ratings