cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Blue2
Message 1 of 5

Broadband fault, confusion, no communication, broken promises.

I'm at my wit's end after dealing with BT and Openreach so hoping this forum as a last resort can finally get me a resolution.

My landline and broadband suddenly stopped working on Aug 1st with a flashing purple light on my home hub, I called and reported the fault and after some checks it was confirmed there was a fault outside my home and an engineer would be required. I was given a date of Aug 6th, of which passed without any communication or engineer visiting and still neither my broadband or landline working. I contacted live chat who ensured me it was actually now my hub that was fault so they would be sending a new one.

Fast forward to Aug 8th and the new hub arrives and an engineer out of the blue. This is where everything looked great and it would be finally be fixed but ended up just creating extra frustration and has left me with no idea what is going on.

The engineer told me he identified both problems after numerous visits to my street cabinet and he managed to fix the landline, he said the broadband cable was also disconnected in the cabinet but he didnt have the correct 'tool' to reconnect so he would keep the job assigned to himself and re-visit tomorrow between 8-9am first thing, as to not have things go back into a queue(which is where I must be now). He was adamant he would be back, left the socket open and leads disconnected, said he would at the very least call me if anything was to change and left. Of course the 9th comes and goes, no communication, no engineer, no fix. I contact chat again and they tell me no engineer notes were put on the fault and they have no further information to give, I explain what happened and they say an engineer is now booked within 24 hours. I get a call not even an hour later from a different BT call centre asking if my broadband is now fixed, I do the checks, restart etc etc and confirm it isn't and have spoken to support earlier. This advisor tells me there is still no engineer booked so passes me to a UK based centre. This lady confirms no engineer notes nothing booked. At this point it's getting ridiculous so I ask for a reference number and some sort of resolution. She says an engineer is now booked for 13th August and gives me the same reference number that was on My BT the whole time, with nothing changed.  

I've contacted Openreach to raise a complain and the man I spoke to seemed to know who the engineer was who visited but couldnt contact either him or his manager so said it would be left with them via email and disconnects. Today I've had a text from BT saying my broadband should now be fixed - of course it's not and I just dont have the will or patience to contact the official BT support knowing that there has been no communication between anyone, conflicting accounts, promises that have been broken and honestly just downright lies. 

To conclude; at this point I have no idea what I need to even do. My BT now shows 2 seperate faults neither of which have the correct date of when they were raised and say that everything should be working. For something the engineer identified as a disconnected cable the service and procedures have been utterly incompetent. 

Apologies for the long post but hopefully I've provided the necessary backstory and information as to where I am. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Dan

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Sage
Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Broadband fault, confusion, no communication, broken promises.

You seem to be getting the run around so I think it best we get a mod in on this to get you sorted.  One should be along for you shortly.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Hi Blue2

Welcome to the Community.

Sorry for the experience you've had when trying to get this fault resolved, I can look into this for you to find out what's happening and get it resolved.

I've sent you a private message asking for the details we need to investigate.

Thanks

Stuart  

0 Ratings
Blue2
Message 4 of 5

Details sent. Cheers

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Hi @Blue2 

I've had a look at this today and can see that the complaint on your account has been closed by a case handler who spoke with you.

I can see an engineer was out on Monday who resolved the Broadband fault.

Should you need help again please post here and we will be happy to help.

Thanks

Stuart

0 Ratings