cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

Broadband gone

My internet has gone down and I cannot speak to anyone at BT using any method to ask for an engineer.  My wife and I are both teachers and need the internet for work during evenings.  I got the new Hub delivered a while back but it doesn't have the correct cables to connect to the plugs/sockets I have.

Any suggestions on how to get an engineer in, source the right cable, cancel my BT package due to not getting the service paid for and move to Sky etc would be welcome.

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: Broadband gone

Some more info would be good, it sounds like a fault, which would need reported to get fixed.

You also mention you got a new hub, was it a replacement or could you be getting the free upgrade from standard broadband to fibre ? if it's the upgrade then you most likely had a standard hub which isn't supported for fibre, so you will need to use the new hub.
The connections are the same, inside the hub packaging is a guide on what goes where, BT have also added a video guide on Youtube, do you have mobile data to view it ?

https://youtu.be/mXS9zLcpW5Y

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 15

welcome to the BT community forum where customers help customers and only BT employees are the forum mods your post does not go to BT so threatening move to SKY makes no difference 

What colour light is the hub?

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 15

That's why I'm so frustrated as I can't report anything! It was the upgrade but the cables supplied didn't fit the plugs and sockets we have and the old hub has packed up

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 15

The video is for the wrong hub, we have the one with a big circle
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 15

I've tried the quiet line test and it was very quiet

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

Unless you have moved from a copper delivered service to a fibre to the premises service with an ONT fitted, the cables will be the same as previously.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 15

The setup is exactly the same on all hubs.

When you say the wrong plugs.... Which plugs are you referring to.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 15

@DuncanTwrote:
The video is for the wrong hub, we have the one with a big circle

Same connections though, the hub versions have changed but the cables and how they connect remain the same.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

the only connection that is different with the hubs is the power supply everything else works with all hubs so don't know how cable don't fit

you can use mobile 0800800150

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.