cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Baneen
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Broadband has been a nightmare..BT is a nightmare

BT customer service is not trained at all and they do not know how to deal with problems, in fact they made it so much worse in my case. So on 24th of July I was supposed to receive my BT order broadband modem and by box as the engineer was scheduled to come on the 25th..but the order didn't come through.

On the 25th engineer arrives and kindly fixes everything and lends us a modem to borrow (how nice). Everything is working fine, after 3 hours around 7:30 pm everything stops working. I call up BT..Hannah from the orders team tells me she has cancelled my entire order because I haven't received my order on the 24th and that I will have to wait another 2 weeks for broadband to be activated...how stupid of her...why would she cancel it..why why??????

Told her to let me speak to her manager because what she did was stupid and everything was working because of the nice engineer and she cuts me off!!! She doesn't call back and I made sure I gave her my number and her manager doesn't too.

So let's talk about the order..so the phone line starts working again 2 days later, and I call to see when broadband will be working and Chris from orders team tells me it failed and now it's given to an offline team??? What does that even mean??? I'm like Chris can you contact this mysterious team and see if they can help and what the problem is, because there was no problem before Hannah. He's like no sorry you need to wait up to 72 hours. So I told Chris let me speak to your manager, he's like sorry we can't transfer to the manager but he will call you back and 5 hours down the line I'm.still waiting for Chris's manager to give me a call...

And to top it all up Chris told me my order is likely to take longer than 2 weeks..but everything is working, my phone line is working my computer detects my modem but error connecting as it's a red light flashing..its just the broadband. Why do they complicate things so much? And why do people like Hannah who cancel your order for no reason get away with getting rude and shutting the phone on my face? And why do their managers never call back?

Please tell me who can actually help, should i call? Help!
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Broadband has been a nightmare..BT is a nightmare

if your phone is working can you enter your phone number and post results  remember delete number   https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Baneen
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Re: Bt terrible customer service

Omgg I'm.facing the same thing. Seriously what's the solution. I'm really really struggling with their horrible service.

BT customer service is not trained at all and they do not know how to deal with problems, in fact they made it so much worse in my case. So on 24th of July I was supposed to receive my BT order broadband modem and by box as the engineer was scheduled to come on the 25th..but the order didn't come through.

On the 25th engineer arrives and kindly fixes everything and lends us a modem to borrow (how nice). Everything is working fine, after 3 hours around 7:30 pm everything stops working. I call up BT..Hannah from the orders team tells me she has cancelled my entire order because I haven't received my order on the 24th and that I will have to wait another 2 weeks for broadband to be activated...how stupid of her...why would she cancel it..why why??????

Told her to let me speak to her manager because what she did was stupid and everything was working because of the nice engineer and she cuts me off!!! She doesn't call back and I made sure I gave her my number and her manager doesn't too.

So let's talk about the order..so the phone line starts working again 2 days later, and I call to see when broadband will be working and Chris from orders team tells me it failed and now it's given to an offline team??? What does that even mean??? I'm like Chris can you contact this mysterious team and see if they can help and what the problem is, because there was no problem before Hannah. He's like no sorry you need to wait up to 72 hours. So I told Chris let me speak to your manager, he's like sorry we can't transfer to the manager but he will call you back and 5 hours down the line I'm.still waiting for Chris's manager to give me a call...

And to top it all up Chris told me my order is likely to take longer than 2 weeks..but everything is working, my phone line is working my computer detects my modem but error connecting as it's a red light flashing..its just the broadband. Why do they complicate things so much? And why do people like Hannah who cancel your order for no reason get away with getting rude and shutting the phone on my face? And why do their managers never call back?

Please tell me who can actually help, who should i call? Help!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Sage
Message 4 of 5

You are not facing the same thing. You are on a customer-customer support forum. We will ask you to do certain things for us to better advise you on the next way to go.

It's entirely up to you if you continue but the first step is to do as @imjolly has requested, he has asked for good reason.

0 Ratings
kickmaleerie
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Just go with the flow, there is probably nothing you can do to get BT Customer Services to remedy the situation in a timely manner. Annoying I know - but that's life 🙂

Remember these are folk earning a little over the minimum hourly wage stuck in front of customer servce software that determines what they have to do and with a supervisor watching their every move.  It is no use getting annoyed with the individual.

You could ask BT Broadband for any activation fee to be waived as a gesture of goodwill. 

Friends of mind had a similar experience recently BT Openreach engineer arrived at the nearby cabinet  - it is just across the road from them - on the activation day but had forgotten the key to gain access to the cabinet and so went away and the job had to be rescheduled for a week later.  They were not charged the activation fee.

0 Ratings