cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Broadband infinity dropouts

Hi, This is my first point of call. I am a new BT customer as from the 19th of this month.

The speeds we am getting are really good and I am very pleased, however, we are experiencing dropouts when the BT hub turns red. It is only usually for a few minutes, but obviously very annoying.

Usually by the time I carry out a speed check it is back up and running.

Any thoughts please?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Broadband infinity dropouts

Welcome to the NotSo Smart Hub. Have a look around the forums and you'll see plenty of problems with it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Oh no!! I could cry! I have just swapped from TalkTalk because their Super Fibre Router was rubbish.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Buy a decent router such as the Billion 8800NL R2. About £50 and your troubles will moat likely vanish.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Is that really the only answer? I know people locally who have/had BT and not experienced this problem, that's why I changed to them 😕

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

It's not the only answer but you can go round the merry go round of engineer visits, hub replacements in the hope it'll resolve the problem if you wish.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings