cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
garycraig
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

Broadband intermittent drop off

For as long as I can remember my BT infinity 2 intermittently drops off 3 to 4 times a day. These drop offs are fairly regular, every 6-8 hours.
The interruption of the signal is possibly only a fraction of a second, but the anoyance is that the hub 5 has to go through a complete reboot cycle, taking about 4 minutes. It means if your watching a film or streaming audio, you have to wait. I’ve tried everything suggested, reset to factory default, turn off router for over 10 minutes.
But this still persists. BT say broadband drop offs of up to 5 times a day is acceptable.
I disagree.
Why can’t they write hub firmware that doesn’t reboot when there is a subliminal drop off?
Any comments/suggestions will be greatly received.

Thanks Gary
radiosoundsfamiliar.com
0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: Broadband intermittent drop off

can you post stats from hh5  troubleshooting then helpdesk

try quiet line test  dial 17070 option 2  should be quiet and best with corded phone

are you using the test socket to eliminate your internal wiring and the faceplate from causing problems?

enter your phone number and post results  remember delete number  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings