cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Broadband is down since yesterday, 18th

Yesterday, when I returned home DD2 5BN), the smart hub 2 had red colour. After resetting several times, changed several times from flashing orange to red and return to blue. When is blue, there is not interested connection. 

Impossible to contact from yesterday with bt technical service. What can I do? I need it to work.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Broadband is down since yesterday, 18th

have you checked for a dial tone?

have you checked 'service in your area' as maybe be affecting others not just you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 8

We don't have a dial phone. I am using my smartphone to write here or to connect router (it says connected but no internet). No idea about others because I don't know neighbors and I could not contact anyone in bt since yesterday. Right now, waiting 25 minutes in a call to be able to talk with someone.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

The solution is to get hold of a cheap (less than £10) wired phone, and plug it into the phone socket to see if you get dial tone.

Then dial 17070 (free call)  and select option 2, quiet line test, and see if there is any noise on the line.

If you do not get dial tone, or there is noise on the line, then you need to report it as either no dial tone, or a noisy line. Do not mention the broadband problem, otherwise it will end up in the wrong fault queue, and take much longer to be fixed. There are plenty of people who can fix phone faults, but not as many broadband people.

Once the phone fault is fixed, then the broadband will get better.

You can report faults online via MyBT.

Message 5 of 8

if you go to help at top of this page you can check service in your area

the most basic check for no broadband is to see if you have a dial tone as 'no dial tone then in vast majority of cases no broadband connection'

it makes a difference in reporting fault whether it is a phone fault - no diat tone - or a broadband fault.  the former is repaired quicker than latter

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 6 of 8

Are you in one of these exchanges?

2020-12-19 09_59_29-Microsoft Excel - Fibre3PM.xlsx  [Read-Only].png

Message 7 of 8

Thank you both for your suggestions. I will consider to buy a phone (I have no a phone at home since 2015) but the problem here is that I pay for a service but I can't use it and now are 32 min (without counting yesterday) and I cannot talk with bt, I have no idea what is going on,.... tomorrow is Sunday and I need to work.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

No, Invergowrie, Dundee

0 Ratings