cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Broadband issue

Hi,

We have Ultrafast Broadband at 300mbps.

Speed test indicates everything is going well, but every device in the house (whether wired or wifi) is failing to finish loading websites (particularly images and videos).

Websites will half load and then hang with most images missing. All our streaming apps on the AppleTV are struggling to play anything.

As I said, this is affecting every device in the house.

Have reset the Homehub a couple of times, all to no avail.

Any advice or help would be appreciated.

Thanks

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Broadband issue

Did you try a factory reset by pressing the recessed button on back of hub and holding 20/30 secs until hub lights flash.

Remember to turn off smart setup on hub restart

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I restored to factory settings via a browser. Is that the same?

Where is Smart Setup?

Thanks for helping.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

have you turned of smart setup  

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/what-is-smart-setup-on-the-bt-hub--how-can-i-turn-it-on-and-off-

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Thanks for the help.

This didn't help, unfortunately, but I appreciate your time.

I have swapped out the router with an older one I had lying around and that has done the trick, so am assuming the SmartHub is faulty.

Thanks again.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

OK, so new SmartHub arrived and the same issue is present.

My TPLink router works a treat, but the SmartHub refuses to load websites completely across all devices, whether Wi-Fi or wired.

Any advice would be truly appreciated.

Cheers

0 Ratings