cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

Broadband keeps dropping out constantly

I've just complained to BT online as follows:

"We have Halo 3+ and have had a technician visit and he did everything he could to get the system optimal. We have a new smart hub. An Openreach engineer visited on 5th July 2021 as there was supposedly a fault on the line. He could not find a fault on the line. He said he would swap things around in the Openreach box down the road which should fix the issue.

The broadband has dropped constantly over the following couple of days. Here are some of the dates and times. 7th July - 14:39 / 14:47 / 16:23 / 16:35 / 16:37 / 16:52 / 18:57 / 19:01 / 19:04 / 20:18 / 22:40 / 23:06 8th July - 12:41 / 13:45 / 14:35 / 14:40 We are paying a lot of money for this service and you are not providing the service we are paying for.

You need to sort this out. It has been a terrible service for years. You keep telling me it is because we are far from the exchange. I suggest you provide fibre to the house then.

I would like this issue resolved as a matter of urgency. I am working from home and cannot operate effectively when the broadband keeps dropping out."

Any help would be gratefully received.  If the technician and engineers can't seem to fix it then what the heck am I supposed to do?!

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: Broadband keeps dropping out constantly

This is a customer help customer forum and your post does not go to BT

do you have any noise on your line - dial 17070 option 2 should be silent and best with corded phone from test socket

in order for the forum members to help please can you post the stats from your router (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser) and if  HH5 then go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and if HH6/SH2 then advanced settings then technical log information . 

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number   https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 13

Ah, OK - thanks for the advice 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

Just to add, if you are on FTTC the distance to the exchange doesn't matter. It is distance to the cabinet.

Post the info @imjolly  has requested and someone will get back to you.

Message 5 of 13

We are FTTC and about 600 metres from the cabinet 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

nattynatbat_0-1625761781982.png

Is this what you meant?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

That shows your expected connection speed range and at 44mb you are right at handback speed need your hub stats as well and also the result of quiet line test

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

The Event Log is 236 pages...

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

SH2 Information:

nattynatbat_0-1625762410479.png

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

Nobody asked for the event log, now what about the quiet line test? Also exchange and cab number?

0 Ratings