cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ck29
Message 1 of 5

Broadband keeps dropping out

I have had this problem for months now and got told if I got fiber the problem would be fixed, it worked well for a bit now we are back to where we started and only getting speeds of 1.25mb. I have called and I just get hung up on loads as no body wants to seem to try fix the problem but yet they expect full payment for a service they arent providing. Oh and it's only 1 mobile phone, a smart TV and a tablet that is connected to wifi at the same time. 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Broadband keeps dropping out

Hi @Ck29,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting.

I'm sorry you've been having problems with your connection. If you can post a few details as shown - Broadband - Top Tips to get help on the forum

This will help to give us an indication of how the connection is performing and what could be causing the drops.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Ck29
Message 3 of 5

I have ran all tests online and when I have finally gotten through to a agent theybru  them aswell and it's the same response everytime of oh it seems to be running slow from the exchange to your house. 

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 4 of 5

Try a quiet line test 17070 option 2, best with corded phone. Any noise report as a line fault not  broadband.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Hi @Ck29,

Thank you for posting back. 

To help get a better understanding of how your connections performing, please can you post the Router Stats?

To help rule out any issue with your phone service please run a quiet line test by dialing 17070 from your BT Landline. If using a corded phone then the test should be quiet, if you are using a cordless phone then you may hear a low hum.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings