cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Broadband line fault

Hi guys so I've got a fault on my line that requires an engineer visit does anyone know if they usually need access to my home to do this? And also do they usually fix it the same day as the appointment? As I'm suppose to be starting an online course and I'm anxious about falling too far behind any help would be appreciated 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Broadband line fault

have you checked to see if dial tone on landline ?  if nothing or there is noise you need to report phone fault to 151 

have you reported a fault yet.  engineer may need access to your home unless there is a known external fault with the line

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Broadband line fault

Yes, they will need access to your house to (a) carry out tests to locate the fault (b) verify the fault has been fixed.

They will normally fix the fault on the day but it clearly depends where the fault is and the nature of the fault. If it requires digging up the road it won't get fixed there and then.

0 Ratings