cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jrobertson
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Broadband not active

Hi there I've been a customer for one day and I'm already unimpressed with BT. My broadband was ment to be activated Friday 10th which they even confirmed with emails and txts, also an engineer was supposed to arrive between 13:00 and 18:00 which I got time of work for but they didn't turn up. I even called a couple days before to confirm because I was told I did not need a visit anymore but the person on the phone said otherwise. So anyway no engineer no broadband no nothing but they sent me a msg saying it's all working fine...... I don't think so.
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Broadband not active

Hi @Jrobertson Sorry your services are not working for you. The text to say all should be working suggests that there is a line already in your property and that Openreach have connected that line for you. Also If you ordered Infinity the appointment is for the cabinet work only. 

Check if you have a socket in your property and if you are getting a dialling tone. 

If not or you still can't get your services working we will be happy to help you if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

@Jrobertson I tried calling you there but missed you.  I've tested the line and it has picked up an issue that the test results indicate could be very close to or within your home wiring and I wanted to ask if you have tried connecting your broadband or a phone to the test socket to see if that makes any difference?

test socket.jpg

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Jrobertson
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 10

Hi there sorry about that I'm at work just now and I won't be home until later. I will try that when I'm back. It still seems odd though we just moved in and the previous couple had the exact same broadband with no issues. I will update as soon as I can thanks again.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

@Jrobertson Thanks, if you post back and let me know the outcome of that check I'll pick up your reply when I'm back in the office tomorrow.

If it works OK in the test socket that would indicate an issue with internal extension wiring, but if it still faulty in the test socket I'll organise an engineer as that would point to it being a problem on the BT network.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Jrobertson
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 10

Hi there I've used the test socket and its still exactly the same, hub flashing orange and that's it. Thanks
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 10

If you connect a phone to the test socket can you hear a dial tone
0 Ratings
Jrobertson
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 10

No just checked and there is no dial tone.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 10

@NeilOwill get back to you tomorrow as promised.

0 Ratings
Jrobertson
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 10

OK thanks.
0 Ratings