Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Broadband not connecting - flashing pink/orange light

Hello,

I have come back from a week away and my broadband has stopped working. I have a BT Smart Hub and it is flashing a fast pink momentarily before the slow orange flash.

I have tried several reboots, factory resets, diagnostic checks including planning straight into the main port but to no avail. Any advice on this forum would be much appreciated as I feel like I have tried everything now.

Thanks,

Miran
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Broadband not connecting - flashing pink/orange light

Do you have dial tone on your phone, and is there any noise on the line?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 9

I don't actually have a landline, but when I ran the diagnostics it didn't say there were any issues with the landline.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

@Miranshah wrote:
I don't actually have a landline, but when I ran the diagnostics it didn't say there were any issues with the landline.

The diagnostics are not accurate, you will need to plug in a phone, as its most likely you have a disconnection on your line somewhere. You can get a cheap wired phone for about £6.

If you do not get dial tone, or the line is noisy, then you need to report it as a line fault, and when its fixed, the broadband will come back.

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Ok, I'll try that tomorrow. Thanks for the prompt reply Keith!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 9

So I've plugged in a landline and there is no dialtone on the phone. When I call the number it rings but I can't answer it. I've done the diagnostics on the landline as well now but that didn't find any faults.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 9

@Miranshah wrote:
So I've plugged in a landline and there is no dialtone on the phone. When I call the number it rings but I can't answer it. I've done the diagnostics on the landline as well now but that didn't find any faults.

That is the problem. You need to report that there is no dial tone, do not mention about the broadband.

When the phone line is fixed, the broadband will get better.

The line test diagnostics cannot detect a disconnection close to, or in your house. Its important to make sure you check at the test socket first, to avoid a possible charge.

Its possible your line has been disconnected in error, or has developed a fault. That is why it was important to check with a phone,

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Thanks Keith. I reported the landline as soon as I noticed there was no dialtoneand finished the diagnostics. I checked the test socket first and there was still no dialtone.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

That should be sorted out early next week, as phone faults are usually fixed quickly. Probably just a broken wire somewhere.

0 Ratings