cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Broadband not showing in my BT

Go to solution

my hub 2 had been working fine then suddenly this afternoon it started flashing purple. I checked ‘my BT’ products and it is only showing phone, no broadband products. It gives me the option to upgrade to broadband but I should already be a fibre 1 customer.
When I click through the link on my order email it takes me to a cancelled service from 2 years ago. I have been through the hub troubleshooter and there are no reported issues.

The phone line is active, internet was working fine until the hub flashed purple. Any way I can get my internet back, or how to get my package reset to what it should be?

thanks

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Broadband not showing in my BT

Go to solution

There was an outage today about lunchtime which may have caused your problem.  Have you tried a factory reset using recessed button on back and holding for 20/30 secs until lights flash 

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2020/07/broadband-isps-disrupted-by-bt-exchange-fire-in-newcas...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Hello, tried the factory reset and it is still flashing purple. My next door neighbours are with by and they haven’t had any disruption today.

my concern is the purple flashing indicates the broadband cable isn’t connected but I have tried reseating it several times to no help. ‘My BT’ shows me not having a broadband product despite being a fibre 1 customer, which might explain why there is no broadband showing?

my mobile coverage is rubbish here which doesn’t help, I’m piggybacking off the neighbours hotspot!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Do you have a dial tone on landline?  If so is there any line noise. Dial 17070 options 2 should be silent and best with corded phone preferably from test socket 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Tried 17070 and quiet line test is silent. It looks like BT have cancelled my broadband for some reason?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @Genghisyogi,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. I'm sorry you're having problems with your service. If My BT isn't showing an active Broadband service then it sounds like your order hasn't been completed. When did you place your order and when did your service go active?

Thanks

PaddyB

Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Paddy, I phoned BT up today and it was apparently a mixup in the order. Was supposed to go live yesterday but the fibre wasn’t actioned  for Some reason. Sorted out in about 15 min on the phone, all good now.

thanks everyone for the help.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @Genghisyogi thanks for the update and glad it's all sorted for you now.

cheers

John

0 Ratings