Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mcboz12
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Broadband not working before and after engineer visit

Hi,

Our broadband stopped working last Thursday at around 05:00. The DSL modem light was not lit up, so we phoned BT and they sent an engineer. They attended on Saturday swapped out the modem, the problem still persisted (when he plugged his device in there was no connection). He then went to the green box in the road and moved our connection to a different port. This took around 30 minutes. The engineer stated that we'd have to wait a while as the server team need to reconfigure the connection. Since this the broadband light on the Hub has been red and therefore not working.

The engineer left the old modem in the house so have tried to use this but has the same result, I've also swapped all the cables. If I look in the settings on the hub it just states the broadband line is disconnected.

I phoned the support line on Saturday evening and they are sending an IT engineer on Thursday. Is this correct? Surely the fault is in the Green Box or at the server end.

Any thoughts? 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
mcboz12
Beginner
Message 2 of 4

Re: Broadband not working before and after engineer visit

Some more info...if I connect a laptop to the modem and set up a connection I get error 691...
0 Ratings
mcboz12
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

okay - so emailed BT they said they'd call back today - they haven't. Did send a text to say I didn't answer which was nice.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hi mcboz12 and welcome.

I can look into this for you if you wish. Drop me an email with the details. You'll find the "contact us" form in the about me section of my profile. 

Cheers

David

0 Ratings