cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Broadband question in my area

Hey all,

I have been in search for fast internet since 2016, however I have had no luck since and am curious as to why I am so limited.

I have been praying fibre lines would be installed into my village within the last 4 years, however I have come to be aware they haven't, both from Virgin and Open-reach lines.

I am currently using a VDSL line that BT/Openreach installed, and I question why VDSL and not something that can support faster lines? Is there rough dates to expand?

I find it really frustrating, literally 10 minute walk from our village is another village/towns that can get the full potential of both Virgin and BT fibre, however I'm stuck here with 30MB/s which isn't fast enough for today's households. 

I have been on the phone to Virgin, every year since 2016 and they said they cant give me a date but it'll be soon (for 4 years!) and nothings ever happened, and the same result with BT.

My question is; is there any possible way to get faster internet in my current household from any provider? All providers say I am limited to 70MB/s (which is VDSL's maximum bandwidth) however I'm surprised they're not offering upgrades? I currently pay for a 50MB/s package from BT however only get 33MB/s on a good day. I know if I did go for a 70MB/s package I wouldn't get anywhere near those speeds, as I never have and actually downgraded my current package.

Thanks,

Thomas.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Broadband question in my area

If you cannot get the max fibre 1 speed of 55mb then upgrading to fibre 2 is pointless as your line cannot handle any faster speed

enter phone number and post results

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings