cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 21

Broadband reset at midnight

Hello

Can anyone advise why my broadband seems to be resetting itself nightly between 12am-12.30am?

It's not every night, just on occasion but it is very frustrating whilst in the middle of gaming.

Is this a setting contained within my hub or is it something BT control?

Thanks
Steven

0 Ratings
20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21

Re: Broadband reset at midnight

Hi @deadpool  and welcome to the community.

Sorry you're seeing these drops. Does anything else happen at that time i.e. any electrical device switching on?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 21

Hi @DavidM 

Been a member and long-time lurker for a few years now 🙂

Nothing goes on or off when these resets take place.

It seems to be a sporadic thing but it has done it for the last 2 nights in a row.

Thanks
Steven

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 21

is the hub light changing from blue and cycling through other colours before reconnecting?

have you tried using the test socket with a filter to see if that helps stability?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 21

Yes, starts off blue then cycles through a variety of colours before reconnecting.

I'm not sure how to do that to be honest - can you tell me more?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 21

Does anyone know of any solution to this because it's just happened for the 3rd night in a row.

Really starting to get **bleep** off with this.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 21

No one had anything?

Had another 3 nights of dropouts.

Really getting to be a joke now

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 21

it is possible it is a modem reboot due a TR-069 call issued by BT for some reason.
You need to have a look in your routers log and see what is stored there around the time it is happening.
You might see somthing like
( 16.130000) System start TR069
(172368.160000) PPP LCP Send Termination Request [User request]
(172366.420000) CWMP: session completed successfully
(172366.420000) The system is going DOWN for reboot.
(172364.160000) CWMP: HTTP authentication success 
(172362.110000) CWMP: Server URL:  Connecting as user: ACS username
(172362.110000) CWMP: Session start now. Event code(s): '6 CONNECTION REQUEST,4 VALUE CHANGE'
(172361.630000) CWMP: Initializing transaction for event code 6 CONNECTION REQUEST
You can avoid this by using a third party modem/router. Most VDSL2 routers would suit. I used a Vigor 130 and a separate router which stopped the annoying reboots I (and others) were suffering at the time.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 21

So, a further update on this - after 3 different engineers coming out and a 4th en route for this Wednesday, we're not really any further forward.

The last engineer was the most helpful. He advised that I am actually on a G.Fast line and I shouldn't be as I am over the threshold distance-wise. The max distance from the exchange should be 300m and my property is sitting at around 309m. The explains the volatile speeds I am seeing but not the constant restart of the router nightly.

He suggested potentially moving back to VDSL for a more stable connection but that's why the 4th engineer is coming out - a second opinion.

I'm not convinced that option would solve the nightly restarts.

He also suggested I may have a REIN issue within my property / building.

Frustrating to say the least.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 21

@deadpoolwrote:

So, a further update on this - after 3 different engineers coming out and a 4th en route for this Wednesday, we're not really any further forward.

The last engineer was the most helpful. He advised that I am actually on a G.Fast line and I shouldn't be as I am over the threshold distance-wise. The max distance from the exchange should be 300m and my property is sitting at around 309m. The explains the volatile speeds I am seeing but not the constant restart of the router nightly.

He suggested potentially moving back to VDSL for a more stable connection but that's why the 4th engineer is coming out - a second opinion.

I'm not convinced that option would solve the nightly restarts.

He also suggested I may have a REIN issue within my property / building.

Frustrating to say the least.

Hi @deadpool ,

A long shot here but it does happen.  Do your street lights dim between 12 & 12:30 perhaps.  Some do in my village.

0 Ratings