cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Broadband scotland vs BT availability of fttp

Hi

The broadband Scotland site says my area is in scope for fttp and at the stage of providers accepting orders but on the bt site it's not available. Is someone on here from bt to advise when this will be available please?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Broadband scotland vs BT availability of fttp

this is a customer help customer community forum  you post does not go to BT but that does not matter as only openreach know the answer to your question not BT Retail

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Is you area served overhead ( telegraph poles ) if it is , any evidence of FTTP infrastructure ?, if underground any work been done locally to install new cables etc ?
What do you get if you enter your (BT) phone number here ?
https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/
If there is no other evidence, perhaps the site you used is incorrect
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

"In scope" does not mean it is available, it means it is being/has been planned and awaiting the work to begin.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Thanks for the replies.

Openreach have been in the street doing something over the last few weeks but haven't seen any cable laying, just in the hatches doing something.

I'm not currently a BT customer but wanted to move to get FTTP.

If there's no BT representatives here then I'll just shop around to see if anyone can take an order like the Scotland broadband site says. 

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Are you just ignoring the important info posted then? In scope meams nobody can sell you it as it's not installed yet. Once it is you'll be able to order.

Out of interest what does it say on the following link for your address? https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband (you can also register for updates from openreach there as well)

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

In Scope means it’s being looked at to see if it’s viable to do it. I know they’re doing a big FTTP Build in Scotland, a deal between Openreach and the Scottish Government. It was announced at work the other day they’re hiring 1000 new Engineers to speed up the FTTP Build in Scotland.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Not ignoring anything Garybs29. What i'm i supposed to read about FTTP ? I see one pinned post about Full Fibre but my specific question isn't answered.

BT link only advises of FTTC. The broadband scotland site says the work has gone through various stages of field survey, build, connect, activate and is now at the accepting orders stage - 'Great news, you can order a fibre service. Please get in touch with an internet service provider to order an upgrade.'

I'll put it down to the site being incorrect.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

If you put your address into the openeeach checker i posted it will give you the latest from them & when it says available on there you'll be able to order

0 Ratings