cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kate3
Message 1 of 3

Broadband speed and hot spots

I signed up to BT Infinity 3 years ago and had a really good service with fast speeds even on my pc which used a dongle to hook up to the modem. For the past three months, the broadband speed has slowed considerable, I can no longer use iPlayer on either TV despite following advice and buying Hotspot adapters, and my pc is slow and frequently loses connection. I have lost count of the phonecalls I have made to the Help Desk (I now know the reconnection procedure by heart) and have made a complaint - but no change. I have asked for a BT engineer to visit and fix my connection but can never get past the Helpdesk. If Virgin with the cable connection were in my area I would change tomorrow - but meanwhile has anyone got any suggestions?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
ebravbg
Message 2 of 3

Re: Broadband speed and hot spots

Totally agree with you!!! far too often Im having continous disconnection about every 15 minute., and continues for DAYS.

Connection suppose to be (up to) 76mb down and 19mb up. Im currently at 26mb down and 6mb up(!!!!!!!!!!) using speedtest.

thats nowhere near what I am paying for.

When Virgin moves in to my area, ill throw my BT modem out the window Smiley Very Happy

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: Broadband speed and hot spots

@Kate3

if you are using a hub with a modem unfortunately all the stats are in the modem so none available to post

can you enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

can you run btspeedtester and when first test completes run the diagnostic test and post results 

btspeedtester

can you check quiet line test dial 17070 option 2  should be quiet and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings