cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jonmanley
Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Broadband speed continually being erroded

My fibre to the cabinet service was once excellent @60mbps at the end of 2017.

Over 2018 and 19 it has slowly dropped away and is now down to 38.

Please advise/help.

Thanks

Jon

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Broadband speed continually being erroded

Is there any noise on your phone calls? Dial 17070 and select option 2, there should be no noise between the announcements.

In order to find out what services and speed range you should be getting, please enter your phone number into this form.
Broadband availability checker

Please remember to edit out your phone number before you post the results.

Can you please display the connection information.

If you are using the BT Smart hub you can get your connection stats by, Opening a new web browser on your connected device and type 192.168.1.254 or bthomehub.home into the address bar. This will open the Hub Manager.  Click Advanced Settings’ and then ‘Technical log’

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 10

Post stats from hub. If hh6 then advanced settings then technical log information. If hh5 then troubleshooting then helpdesk 

enter your phone number and post results remember delete number   https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
jonmanley
Contributor
Message 4 of 10

Thanks for the quick reply.

Seems quiet to me.

HH4

Here are the stats if it is of interest:

Stats.jpg

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 10

If you are using a hh4 then you must have a separate modem and unless unlocked you cannot access the stats which are held by modem not the hub

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
jonmanley
Contributor
Message 6 of 10

I do have a seperate modem and it is not unlocked.

0 Ratings
jonmanley
Contributor
Message 7 of 10

So - without the stats from the modem what is the next thing I can do/try?

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 10

without stats it is difficult to see what is happening     connection speed appears to be about 44mb not the 38mb you mention which presumably is a download speed

you cannot tell what the connection time is and if the modem is dropping connection - often?

have you tried the test socket with a filter to see if that helps

0 Ratings
jonmanley
Contributor
Message 9 of 10

I am not aware of the connection being anything but solid, just slower than it was.

The 38 is the download speed according to Speedtest.

The connection is direct to the master socket, but I could try thr test socket and filter.

0 Ratings
topleya
Contributor
Message 10 of 10

Hey,

I'm experience the exact same issue. I was once getting around 70mbps down, now I get no more than 55mbps (almost like its locked at 55)

I've been trying to fix this issue for a while, with no success. My hardware and settings have remained the same

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Fibre-broadband/50Mbps-on-Fibre-2-Since-Late-2017/td-p/1928785

0 Ratings