cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Broadband speed reduced - IP Profile Reset

Around a fortnight ago my internet connection dropped a few times in a 10 minute period.  I checked the landline and there was no dial tone.  The phone came up with an error message stating 'Line cord error'.

Eventually the problem rectified itself within the short space of time.  However when I logged in to the router to check the stats, my download and upload sync speeds went down greatly.  For the last 4-5 years I have been getting a solid 74-80Mbps download sync speeds and 20Mbps upload speed.

My speeds were reduced to 53Mbps Down and 8.87Mbps Up.  Now nothing has changed from my end and I rang the helpdesk who sent an engineer out for a landline fault.  Anyhow today the engineer came and fitted a new master socket and tried a few different ways to get the sync speed to the normal speeds I was getting, at one point taking it down to 38Mbps.  After an hour or so they have managed to get it back to around 65Mbps Down and 20Mbps Up.  Its ok but not the speed I was getting previously.

Is there any way to reset my profile so that I may get the sync speeds I was previously getting?  The wholesale checker does show that I can get a max of 80Mbps and I understand that this is only inidicative.

akuyus_0-1605559842366.png

Thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Broadband speed reduced - IP Profile Reset

Unlike adsl you cannot get just a profile reset. Your current speed at 65mb is above the handback speed so unlikely BT will do anything. However you are on Huawei can so if you can maintain a stable connection for few weeks then DLM should activate G.INP which should give you a boost in connection speed and a drop to about 3db noise margin

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the reply.  I will try to wait it out and see if the speeds do come back up.  Just baffled that previously I was getting 75-80 and then suddenly went down to 53 and now syncing at 65.

Family one door down also have BT and they are getting sync speeds of around 77-78.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

the line drops/ instability are the reason for the drop in connection and you now back to 65mb and As line now stable then you will get a speed boost in about 10/14 days when DLM activates G.INP.  you probably had that before but lost it with problems with line stability

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings