cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 15

Broadband speed reduction after reconnection

Go to solution

Hi.  So am on Fibre 1 and have been for a few years now.  My speed specified by BT is up to 47mbps which it does often achieve.  I made the silly mistake of moving to another provider but 3 days after choosing to switch I decided to switch back to cancel and stay with BT.  Contacted both and everything was cancelled.  However on the day it should have switched I lost my broadband and after a lot of time on the phone to BT they said I had been Slammed which means the other provider had taken the line.  BT the arranged a re connection and after 7 days I am back up and running.  However the speed they now give is up to 37mbps.  2 weeks ago and prior to my switch they were giving me up to 47mbps.  But no longer offer that according to their website.  What should I do?

If I went with BT business they are offering 47mbps on the same line.  All seems very odd.  Would they have reconnected me On a different circuit than before??

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Re: Broadband speed reduction after reconnection

Go to solution

maybe you should have a business line if you are running a business on a residential line

can you post the stats from your router (if hub enter 192.168.1.254 in your browser) and if  HH5 then go to troubleshooting then helpdesk and if HH6/SH2 then advanced settings then technical log information . 

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

enter your phone number and post results  remember to delete number  but leave exchange and cab https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL

Someone may then be able to offer help/assistance/suggestions to your problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 15

Go to solution

Hi @imjolly   Thank you for your prompt reply.  I will do the tests and post the stats.  However my question really is why would BT have reduced their offering on the same line.   When I was looking 2 weeks ago they were quoting up to 47mb which is what I used to get.  Now my new order confirmation states up to 37mb where as 2 weeks ago they quoted 47mb.  Does that make sense??
The reason I mention business is that on the same lone they offer what I previously had.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 15

Go to solution

when you post the results from dslchecker we will see what the estimates are for your line  these estimates are supposed to be realistic based on other customers in your are

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution

@imjolly   Here you go!

Andyp28_0-1593702664122.png

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution

Your estimated speed is 51/35mb and you had 43mb on 30/6

Can you post the exchange and cab which you have deleted

hub stats will be good as well

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution

@imjolly   Exchange is Seaton.  Cabinet 10

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution

@imjolly   Sorry forgot hub stats

Andyp28_0-1593705017210.png

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution

Sorry but the stats are from advanced settings then technical log information which is not the ones posted

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution

@imjolly   Is this what you need?

Product code:Smart Hub 2

Serial number:+091298+1922022329

Firmware version:v0.17.01.12301-BT

Firmware updated:Mon Mar 9 07:49:11 2020

Board version:R01

GUI version:1.56 15_02_2019

DSL uptime:0 days,16 Hours58 Mins17 Secs