Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mlt
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Broadband speed slow

Hi,

I received an email a while back about upgrades to my broadband from the 30 to 60 odd Mbps, I noted the upload has gone up but been away mostly the last 3 months or so and broadband has been off... I downloaded the google takeout and google was about 4MB/s which was not bad as such but right now only at no more than 20Mbps download while upload doesn't seem affected...

Did my upgrade go through at all?  as said I've not been in much but now am in more and have a lot on but just wondered if the upgrade happened properly if I've had the broadband modem off for quiet a few months... 

I did a reset otherwise of the modem to defaults and am using ethernet and tests all show the same really less than what I had before the upgrade of 30Mbps...

Anyhow please try the upgrade again if it messed up but as said been too busy to notice until now when going to do a google plus takeout again at 26GB I do really understand something didn't upgrade correct..

Thanks again,

Marc

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
iniltous
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: Broadband speed slow

You need to check your router stats to see what your max attainable speed and sync speed are, just because they offered an upgrade, if your line wasn't capable of delivering 55Mb on Infinity 1 then an upgrade to Infinity 2 wouldn't increase your download speed.

What is predicted for your phone number , if you enter your details here

https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 3 of 7

Could you post the connection stats from the hub.

HH6 Advanced settings/technical log.

HH5 Troubleshooting/helpdesk.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
mlt
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

Oddly enough on the connection part it states 16mbps for no apparent reason.. Must be a botched upgrade as never got around to using the broadband yet since I've had it..

-----
Connection status:

Connected
Downstream:

16.50 Mbps
Upstream:

19.99 Mbps
Connection information
Connection time:

0 Days, 0 Hours 14 Mins 48 Secs

Data usage:

4 MB Uploaded / 16 MB Downloaded
Broadband username:

bthomehub@btbroadband.com
Password:

Not Config
0 Ratings
mlt
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Here we go.. Had always around 4MB'ps last time I was downloading, just needs upgrade again it seems... No rush but as said free upgrade is nice anyhow thanks...

statistics.
Product name:

BT Hub 6A
Serial number:

+084316+NQ82390272
Firmware version:

SG4B1000B540
Firmware updated:

11-Dec-2018
Board version:

Gui version:

DSL uptime:

0 Days, 0 Hours 21 Minutes 20 Seconds
Data rate:

19.99 Mbps / 16.50 Mbps
Maximum data rate:

20952 / 55467
Noise margin:

6 dB / 24.4 dB
Line attenuation:

14.7 dB
Signal attenuation:
VPI / VCI:

0/38
Modulation:

G_993_2_ANNEX_B
Latency type:

Fast Path
Data sent / received:

4 MB Uploaded / 17 MB Downloaded
Broadband username:

bthomehub@btbroadband.com
BT Wi-fi:

Active
2.4 GHz wireless network name:

BTHub6-KNQ6
2.4 GHz wireless channel:

Smart (Channel 6)
5 GHz wireless network name:

BTHub6-***
5 GHz wireless channel:

Smart (Channel 36)
Wireless security:

WPA2 (Recommended)
Wireless mode:

Mode 1
Firewall:

On
MAC address:

0 Ratings
mlt
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Oops didn't sanitise the output quiet right, nevermind.. Will so you can do the upgrade of the router leave the broadband router on for a change... As said usually just turn off the power strip but it is not taking any energy... 20mbps and 16 up though when I did the broadband test through the router and bt website.. No rush anyhow but 24 hours will say if it is back to 60mbps or not so can be closed as thread solved... Thanks...
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

must admit I am having difficulty in following your posts

from stats you are conencting at 16mb with attainable of about 55mb - up speed looks ok

try using the test socket with a filter?  are you using the master socket?  is it filtered?  

try quiet line test  dial 17070 option 2  should be silent and best with corded phone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings